This update adds: new menu items, better interface, file saving and loading.
Do you want fries with that? Because you may.
Here comes Game of Life GUI (GOL-GUI) update v1.1.
- New menu items, including:
- Map options > Resize tiles
- You can now resize tiles to whatever size you want, but keep in mind that only squares are possible.
- Map options > Select colors
- You can now change the table colors! Select whichever color you like most, and there you have it!
- Map options > Clear map
- You can now clear the map with the push of a button, without needing to resize the map (which will clear it :) )
- File > New
- Now that I write this... Idk what this is for, there is a Clear map option.. This will basically clear the map. There is no 'open file' terminology here, so this is useless. Hmm...
- File > Open
- Open saved files! The file extension is .dat, and, as you may expect, you can't really edit it with Notepad. (premiere in my programming career :)) )
- File > Save
- Does pretty much what is says on the tin... Saves the current tile configuration to a file you choose.
- Most menu elements now have tooltips
- All the unnecessary arrows next to menu elements have been removed
- The status label has its own section, separate from the menu strip
- The version number has been changed
You can read about,
view images, and download the project from its associated entry in the Portfolio.